09 August, 2009

Debian Lenny Sound Installation

I just installed 'Lenny' on my workstation. I struggled for a couple hours trying to get the sound card configured.

After the installation I found the sound card wasn't working properly.

To resolve, I switched user to root, ran alsaconf, selected the CA0106 Alsa Mixer, ran alsamixer and set the volume accordingly.

It's also worth noting that I opened the 'Volume Control Preferences', selected the CA0106 device and selected the Analog Front selection to allow volume control from the panel.

1 comment:

FatSlowKid said...

It's worth noting, that this worked until I rebooted. After reboot, the sound card was reverted back to snd-hda-intel.

I finally resolved by 'blacklisting' the snd-hda-intel module by placing 'blacklist snd-hda-intel' in the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file