06 April, 2008

Vietnam Hippies Revisted

As I drove home from work today I passed a sign in some meatheads yard reading "Support Our Troops - End The War". As a true supporter of our troops I am disappointed and enraged at such displays. I have yet to meet a person who genuinely likes war, probably because I don't spend time with psychos. The fact of the matter is...we are in, and we need to finish the job. Vietnam was a prime example of the moral of our country and our troops when we don't give our troops the support to complete the job.

I'm sure idiots like our yard sign poster would have fit in quite nicely with the hordes of draft-dodgers, drug doping hippies, and the protesters that spit on our troops on their return. I wonder if such meatheads admire the hippies and protesters of yesteryears, or if they believe that they are any different.

These proud soldiers have put their American dreams on hold, and lives on the line to defend those of us that have stayed behind. The absolute least we can do is not embarrass them or stand in the way of allowing them to complete the task at hand and return proud of their accomplishments.

A final note to our yard-poster, Canada is just a quick trip north...I'll help you pack.

No comments: